Wednesday, November 26, 2008

.thanksgiving.

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom." Matthew 26:26-29

This precious passage of scripture describes the Last Supper or The Lord's Supper, as we call it today. Jesus was explaining to His disciples what would be taking place in the coming hours. Even at this dark time for Jesus, He prayed and gave thanks for the bread and wine they were about to eat and drink, which were symbols of His body which would be sacrificed for our sins. I really believe He was also thanking God for the salvation that would be given to His people by his dying on the cross.

I can't imagine how dark my life would be without my relationship with God through His Son. This is what I am most grateful for!

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!

xoxo - Laura

No comments: