Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fine Art Photography {Ignite} | Bloom

Inspired by Nichole Van and her group {Elevate}, several photographers and I have decided to take some time each month to explore the fine art side of photography. Each month, we will post an image or series of images focused on art and photography. There are no rules. We just post what comes from the heart and spark those creative juices, allowing the inner artist a chance to explore and fly.

Here is my image for our first week. For you photographers out there my processing was pretty basic here. Minor adjustments in Raw and then I combined two Nichole Van textures from her Worn set.

This was so much fun and I'm looking forward to stretching my creativity!


BLOOM FINE ART_1

Now, hop on over to Kristi Ahrens-Be Fruitful Photography| Cashmere & Wenatchee area WA photographer and see her lovely photo for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you enjoy the art created by all the the talented photographers in our group!

xoxo-
Laura

16 comments:

Valeria said...

I really liked your entry. Very good composition, contrast and excellent choice of texture. You are up for a great start.

Kristi Ahrens said...

Very pretty! I've never seen a plant like that before. I love the texture!

Anonymous said...

love this. very cool

Mary Schannen said...

Yes - wonderful texture and composition!

Renee said...

very nice. great use of textures.

Jan said...

I really love the contrast of the subject and the background. Great texture!

Jackie said...

very nice!

Liz said...

Wow!!! Great detail & composition. Beautiful!

dw said...

I like that little white flowers. They look so soft against the grungy feel texture. Lovely contrast.

Susan said...

I love, love, love the texture and how the dried plume grass contrasts the background!!!! Beautiful!

Cara said...

This shot works so well with your brand! The curls are gorgeous.

Katie said...

Very pretty and it does match your logo and blog! :) Great idea!

Skye said...

I really like how the texture compliments the roughness of the plant, great composition!

Nancy said...

Love the composition and texture of it! Like you could almost reach out and touch it!

Alison Crane said...

The texture and the curl of the plant is beautiful! Great detail!

Mary Schannen said...

Beautiful texture, really goes well with this plant!